Where Families Find Support & Solutions


An Educational Consultant is an expert in finding the appropriate fit between a student and a school or program. A consultant should have the professional background to fully assess a child’s academic, social and emotional needs and match them with the appropriate setting and staff. Much of the consultant’s time is spent on the road researching placements in order to be prepared to address the specific individual needs of each child and family. A consultant is the family’s advocate before, during and after placement.

Residential placement is a big step, both financially and emotionally. It is not a time to make a costly mistake. I spend the time visiting and researching schools and programs that you should expect when making this decision. The internet is not enough; I have visited, toured the facility, met the children and interviewed the staff. I have the professional expertise to help you make wise, well-informed decisions that can positively affect your child’s future at this crucial time.

Families who need a residential alternative for their child. Families have usually tried all local options and their child is still struggling. It may be as simple as finding a small, supportive college-prep boarding school; however, often it is more complicated. There is a wide-range of reasons a family may be considering placement including:

Families that need specific support for their child with:

  • Language-based learning difficulties
  • Nonverbal Learning Disability
  • Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Developmental Disabilities
  • Math disabilities
  • Dysgraphia
  • Visual or Auditory Processing Disorders

Families that need to intervene in their child’s self-defeating behavior due to:

  • School refusal
  • School failure
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Threats of violence
  • Running away
  • Substance Abuse
  • Internet obsessions
  • Eating Disorders
  • Suicidal ideation
  • Promiscuity
  • Self-harming behavior
  • Attachment difficulties

Families with children struggling with mental illnesses such as:

  • Depression
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Anxiety

Families with young adults who are not making the transition to independence due to:

  • Developmental disabilities
  • Learning disabilities
  • Substance abuse
  • Academic deficiencies
  • Lack of life skills
  • Lack of social skills
  • Lack of motivation

Families pay for my services. I work on their behalf, our obligation is to the family, not to any program or school. I do not solicit or accept compensation from any school, program or agency. I am a professional member of the IECA and I am committed to their Principles of Good Practice. Families pay in full when they sign our contract.

Payment can be made by check or credit card.The fee covers one placement and the support for that placement. No additional fees will be charged without the express agreement of both parties.



Karen was immensely helpful when my ex-wife and I were confronted by a terrible problem — our very bright and engaging son had dropped out of high school, was using marijuana, and was drifting in life.

- Parent of a young adult



This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts

Error: (#12) deprecate_post_aggregated_fields_for_attachement is deprecated for versions v3.3 and higher
Type: OAuthException
Code: 12
Click here to Troubleshoot.
  • Get The Latest

    Sign up to our newsletter & blog and stay up-to-date to all things School Solution