The School Solution: Comprehensive Educational
The School Solution is
the educational consulting practice owned by Karen Mabie.
Consultant is an expert in finding the appropriate fit between a student and a
school or program. Consultants have the professional background to fully assess
a child’s academic, social and emotional needs and match them with the
appropriate setting, school and staff. The School Solution has a full
spectrum of comprehensive services that truly makes them stand out from the
Much of the
consultant’s time is spent on the road researching placements in order to be
prepared to address the specific individual needs of each child and family. As an educational consultant, Karen is an
advocate for the family before, during and after placement.
Karen professionally interviews the family,
teachers and participating professionals in order to develop a thorough
understanding of the child’s vulnerabilities and strengths.
This level of service provides a huge
value to her clients and is reflected in her ability to work tirelessly to
collaborate on behalf of students and families to provide school placement and
The School Solution is your place to go for the necessary support and services for students, parents and institutions to ensure that you have the most beneficial relationship and optimum educational outcome.
The School Solution: Specialty Services In Education
demand for specialized services in education and therapeutic intervention
continues to grow, with student placements and other educational accommodations
becoming a severe burden on school professionals and families everywhere.
Searching for the solution on how best to provide the necessary services for
these students with specific needs overwhelms educators and parents alike.
Karen Mabie is unique
in that she visits 60 to 80 schools and programs every year as an education
consultant working for families looking for educational consultancy. It is Karen’s personal knowledge of boarding
schools and experience with these specialized programs and therapy schools as
well as the professionals that work there that gives you, her clients, the best
opportunities for education. This is what sets her apart as a national and
international educational consultancy head.
Karen and The School
Solution staff works clearly and effectively with families whose children (ages
11 to 26) are struggling despite the best efforts of the family, including
intense therapeutic and academic supports at home.
Karen Mabie holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and
special education and Master’s and Specialist degrees in Educational
Psychology. She is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist, experienced in
evaluating and counseling students with learning, social, emotional and
She is particularly
qualified to find the best school environment, milieu and treatment team where
a child (and family) can begin to thrive. There are so many available options
with unique therapeutic and educational approaches…there is a place for every
child to succeed, and Karen can find that place.
Here are some of the wide-ranging schooling options
available through The School Solution:
- SUPORTIVE SCHOOLS: Many unique boarding schools exist serving junior high to post-graduate students. They provide specific support for language-based, social-emotional and other learning differences and disabilities. They vary widely in who and how they best serve their students. They are typically small, with specialized structure and professionals to support the students. They are not the same as ‘Therapeutic Boarding Schools’ in that they run on a regular school schedule with school breaks and they do not include family therapy.
- THERAPEUTIC SCHOOL AND TREATMENT CENTERS: There are many therapeutic school choices and treatment centers to support a range of social, emotional, clinical and learning needs. The key is finding the appropriate placement with the support your child or young adult needs. There are a wide range of programs, from highly clinical residential treatment centers to less structured therapeutic boarding schools with the majority falling somewhere in the middle. These are year-round options with open enrollment and all places include school and, if needed, an educational opportunity to catch up academically. They also include the family through weekly therapeutic calls, visits, and family workshops.
- TRADITIONAL BOARDING SCHOOLS: The range of traditional boarding schools through The School Solution is truly impressive- from small and rustic to large and sophisticated, there is a place for everyone. Boarding schools also known as college prep can be large highly competitive schools or small, specialized, nurturing schools, from junior high to post-graduate. Boarding schools are a highly effective solution for students who do not feel safe and able to grow in a large public school. If you can find the right school, where your child feels valued, true growth can begin.
One of the many specialty factors in the services that the
School Solution provides is that as educational consultants. It’s not only
about Education… there are circumstance in life that provide a significant
teachable moment and have value for growing and evolving children and young
adults. Here are some other options
available through The School Solution:
- WILDERNESS PROGRAMS: There are many different wilderness programs with unique approaches; each program has therapists with specific training to help children and young adults with a wide range of challenges;
- ADDICTION TREATEMENT: Sophisticated and effective addiction treatment requires time in sobriety with treatment professionals that understand the complexities of addiction. There are some amazing residential options for adolescents and young adults fighting addiction.
- YOUNG ADULT PROGRAMS: There are programs that focus on launching young adults into a productive and healthy future. Each place has a unique support system and treatment professionals designed to help young adults with specific learning, mental health, addiction, or other issues that are preventing them from becoming independent young adults.
Karen Mabie: The Best Education Consulting & Specialty
As a professional educational consultant, Karen is a member of the Independent Educational Consultant Association and, as such, subscribes to their ethical guidelines. She has been elected to the Board of Directors to IECA and served as faculty at their Summer Training Institute. She has earned the designation of “Certified Educational Planner” representing the highest level of professional standards in educational consulting. She continues to stay in touch with her client and their programs for at least one year.
out for professional expertise to help you make wise, well-informed decisions
that can positively affect your child’s future at this crucial time.
Our mission is helping families find the best option for their child.
GET IN TOUCH